Community Outreach Events
SEMINARTRAX draws from Road Recovery’s staff of entertainment industry professionals and teen/young adults enrolled in the TraxProgram to share openly their first-hand life experiences dealing with addiction and other adversities.
SEMINARTRAX speaker’s honesty engages audience members in an interactive discussion about the affects of active addiction, at-risk and self-destructive behavior, while providing them the opportunity to share their achievements in facing their struggles.
SEMINARTRAX involves independent substance abuse professionals/social workers at each seminar in order to present information about the disease of addiction, other mental health issues, and to provide direction for participants in need of help.
“It was my honor to spend time with Road Recovery’s young adults! It means a lot to me as a mom to talk with these wonderful young people and listen to them describe what they’ve been through and how they feel. We, as moms and dads can learn so much by listening to our young people. Thank’s again Road Recovery for allowing Ozzy and I the experience of meeting & speaking with all of you! I give a HUGE, HUGE CHEER in support of ROAD RECOVERY! Make sure you capitalize HUGE!”
– Sharon Osbourne – Media Personality, Author, Music Manager & Promoter
CREATING A HEALTHY FUTURE
Connecting with local neighborhood organizations, middle and high schools and their support services, university counseling centers, faculty members, mental health professionals and support groups/organizations
Understanding the power of “WE”
Building community, new relationships
Career information and guidance
Opportunities (volunteer and paid) in the creative industries and beyond
Never having to face life’s problems, challenges and celebrations alone!
- Drugs & Alcohol: Definitions of both
- Other adversities: physical & mental health issues
- The myths vs. the facts
- Issues around denial
- Hazards, dangers
- Consequences with regards to well-being: spiritual, emotional, psychological, developmental, physical
- Other losses: financial, time, opportunities, relationships, etc.
- Most popular/dangerous
- The attraction (physical and emotional)
- Experimentation: its dangers and the “slippery slope”
- “Escaping life” (feeling good, fitting in and medicating emotional pain)
- Hitting Bottom: turning points with regard to deciding to get sober
- Burning bridges and mistakes made
- Facing the effects of one’s addiction/adversity and its impact on others
- Rebuilding relationships and trust
- The process, difficulties and benefits
- Coping with school, growing up/changes in life, parents, sexuality & orientation, friends, peer pressure and home life
- Living life on life’s terms
- The Power of ‘WE’
Road Recovery conducts extensive research prior to each SEMINARTRAX in order to specifically address the needs of each hosting institution. Follow-up evaluations with each hosting institution and area programs are conducted after every scheduled SEMINARTRAX to ensure needs and expectations are met.
SEMINAR LENGTH: 60-90 minutes per-seminar
SEMINAR FEE: Determined after an on-site inspection and consultation