PAST FIELDTRAX OPPORTUNITIES
PAST FIELDTRAX OPPORTUNITIES
- “Free” concert tickets to New York area concerts and events: Concert event included: Eric Clapton, Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Bennett, Denis Leary, King Crimson, Pearl Jam, Ringo Starr, Jimi Hendrix Tribute Tour 2008, Tony Bennett, Ray Davies, Alice In Chains, Nokia Theatre, NYC, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, Irving Plaza, NYC, The CD-101.9FM Summer Smooth Jazz Cruises around Manhattan Island, “Area: One Festival with Moby”, Velvet Revolver, Duran Duran, OzzyOsbourne at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ, Destiny’s Child at Madison Square Garden, the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectactular, Hot 97 FM Radio – Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus event at Madison Square Garden, and Joe Walsh, Squeeze, CD-101.9FM Theater Concerts at The Beacon Theatre in Manhattan,Billboard Festival, Incubus, Van Halen, Steely Dan, Elvis Costello, 2015 MAP Benefit honoring Pete Townsend, Roger Waters “The Wall” Movie, NY Yankees, NY Mets…to name a few!
- Steve Martin / President, The Agency Group: continues to be one of the foremost longtime musical agencies in the World representing a diverse roster of music artists of all genres including such legendary artists as David Gilmour (Pink Floyd), the New York Dolls, and Roxy Music to today’s hottest rock acts including The White Stripes, 3 Doors Down, Corrosion of Conformity, The Ravonettes, and much much more. Participants in Road Recover’s program participants were invited to The Agency Group New York office to learn more about the inner workings of a major talent agency and attend live concert events by artists associated with The Agency Group.
- “Free” Music: from major and independent record companies: Since 2000, Road Recovery music industry contacts continue to donate well over a thousand recordings in all musical genres including jazz, rock, classical, folk, funk, hip-hop, soul, spiritual, etc…free to teen participants involved in Road Recovery’s program.
- “Free Books”: In support of Road Recovery’s Spoken Word – Storytelling – Literacy component of the ‘Live Performance Program’, Road Recovery supporters from major publishing houses (Harper-Collins, Scholastic Books) continue to donate thousands of current titles for kids of all reading levels and ages.
- The Metropolitan Opera: The Metropolitan Opera, provided box seats to the SOLD OUT performance at New York’s Lincoln Center of TURANDOT, Puccini’s last opera, staring sopranos Andrea Gruber &Hei-Kyung Hong and tenor Richard Margison who all performed on a breathtaking stage production created by Franco Zeffirelli. In an effort to expose Road Recovery teens’ ‘eyes & ears’ beyond rock’ in roll.
- Def Poetry Jam on Broadway: Students were given access to performances by some of New York ‘s hottest young poets…providing inspiration to all who attended, and exposing teen participants to various published works.
- The New York Philharmonic: A rare opportunity for students involved in Music and Jazz Composition workshops to sit-in on a rehearsal at Lincoln Center ‘s Avery Fisher Hall.
- STOMP: A visit to the internationally acclaimed production at The Orpheum Theatre in New York City which provided inspiration to students enrolled in the Music Composition workshop. Students built their own instruments out of hardware store supplies and then created multi-tone, rhythmic music compositions which they performed.
- CD101.9 Smooth Jazz FM Radio Concerts: Students enrolled in the Event Management and Stage Production workshops were provided “All Access” exposure to the many behind the scenes logistics of various concert events at The Beacon Theatre in Manhattan, and on the CD101.9 Summer Smooth Jazz Cruises around NYC. Such events featured music legends Roberta Flack, Ashford & Simpson, Jeffrey Osborne, among others…
- The John Lennon Song Bus: A traveling ‘state-of-the-art’ multimedia tour bus studio where students in the Video Production workshop learned video and audio production techniques while producing original music videos.
- One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest: Actors involved in Road Recovery’s Drama workshop attended the Broadway production starring Gary Sinise.
- An Evening of Humor with Charles Grodin: legendary actor, news commentator, writer, and Road Recovery supporter Charles Grodin made it possible for teens associated with Road Recovery up front access to his rare NYC performance.
- “Follow The Light”: Teens gained access to this unique dance event performance for NYC teens held a La Guardia High School of Music & Art by Dancer, Anthony Rodriguez, best known for his work with Madonna.
- “Roots, Rock, & Recovery” – Summer Tour: Teens involved in Road Recovery’s RecoveryTrax Program provided community outreach and music in connection with their participation at the following events: DFEST, Tulsa, OK, Vans Warped Tour, (east coast USA), Voices Project, Haines, Alaska.
- Vans Warped Tour: Selected teens were invited to roll up their sleeves with the Road Recovery crew and get busy at the Vans Warped Tour concerts. The teens worked backstage in the catering area, onsite with the concert production team, and helped out at the Road Recovery booth in the Vans Warped Tour Take Action! Tent located in the middle of 50,000 hot and sweaty concert goers. Road Recovery and Vans Warped Tour provided the teenagers with a once in a lifetime “All Access” opportunity to rub elbows with professionals who are leading exciting and productive lives in the music industry.
- Children’s Day Festival: An opportunity for students involved in the Event Management and Stage Production workshops to be hired by the festival organizers to assist in various production logistical details surrounding the one day festival which attracted over 35,000 people at the South Street Seaport in lower Manhattan.
- “Rebos Music benefit for Road Recovery”: Melbourne, Florida: Rebos Music presented a concert featuring singer/songwriter Shana Young and Grammy Nominee Jay Rodriguez backed by a talent-rich line-up of student musicians from Road Recovery’s Graham A.R.T.S. Program, to benefit the Musicians Assistance Program (MAP) and Road Recovery.